My trip along the Appalachian Trail

This is a diary of sorts from the past that chronicles my journey across the Appalachian Trail in 1989. The Appalachian Trail is a continuous hiking path that extends from Georgia to Maine, and is over 2100 miles of some extraordinary hiking that traverses 14 states. This trip was the fullfillment of a lifelong dream. I hope not only to relive this dream in the pages of this blog, but I hope to take you along as well. So put on your hiking boots and enjoy the trip!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Day 2

Wednesday, April 5, 1989
It was a much better day today. The sun came out and I was able to dry all of my stuff out. I met two other thru-hikers today. I hiked with one of them most of the day, but I forgot his name already. I will tell you tommorrow. Well, I'm actually on the AT now. I tried my cheescake but it didn't set up. I used too much water, I guess. Night!


The start of the Appalachian Trail atop Springer Mountain in Georgia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home