My trip along the Appalachian Trail

This is a diary of sorts from the past that chronicles my journey across the Appalachian Trail in 1989. The Appalachian Trail is a continuous hiking path that extends from Georgia to Maine, and is over 2100 miles of some extraordinary hiking that traverses 14 states. This trip was the fullfillment of a lifelong dream. I hope not only to relive this dream in the pages of this blog, but I hope to take you along as well. So put on your hiking boots and enjoy the trip!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Friday, October 13, 2006

Day 3

Thursday, April 6, 1989
What a day! I put in about 12.4 miles today and I must admit that I feel it. I started out this morning with Ed (that was his name) but he calls himself ET. Someone abandoned a tent at Stover Shelter last night because it was too heavy. He just took the fly. I talked with another hiker at Hawk Mountain who was leaving stuff behind also. I got a nice pair on sun glasses from him. I left Ed and didn't see him again until camp. I met a couple from British Columbia who had their 2 1/2 year old son with them and another older couple from Mississippi. I passed both couples. I also met John (what a character!) at the stream here. We talked for about 1 1/2 hours before who shows up? ET. We are all in our tents for the night and it is starting to rain again now. I'm really tired and think I'll go to sleep, but all in all it was a great day.

Ed Taylor "ET" on the trail in Georgia


John Perry "Nanosec" at Blackwell Creek

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home