My trip along the Appalachian Trail

This is a diary of sorts from the past that chronicles my journey across the Appalachian Trail in 1989. The Appalachian Trail is a continuous hiking path that extends from Georgia to Maine, and is over 2100 miles of some extraordinary hiking that traverses 14 states. This trip was the fullfillment of a lifelong dream. I hope not only to relive this dream in the pages of this blog, but I hope to take you along as well. So put on your hiking boots and enjoy the trip!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Day 4

Friday, April 7, 1989
What a satisfying day! I didn't put many miles in, but it was satisfying none-the-less. The stars are out now and you would never know that it snowed last night. That's right, snow, about two inches of it. It got my tent, air mattress and my sleeping bag wet. It was cold and windy the first part of the day today, but after about four hours of holding up in the shelter at Gooch Gap, the weather cleared up and we moved on. ET is still with me although he does pull into camp a good time behind me. John got left behind and plans to hike into Suches for supplies. All I can do now is leave an occassional note behind in the log books. I'm watching the fire from the tent now as it burns out; just like me!


Second night on the A.T. at Blackwell Creek with ET and Nanosec.
__________________________________________________
Next morning at Blackwell Creek after the first snow on the A.T.
__________________________________________________
Held up at Gooch Gap Shelter with ET and Nanosec.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home