My trip along the Appalachian Trail

This is a diary of sorts from the past that chronicles my journey across the Appalachian Trail in 1989. The Appalachian Trail is a continuous hiking path that extends from Georgia to Maine, and is over 2100 miles of some extraordinary hiking that traverses 14 states. This trip was the fullfillment of a lifelong dream. I hope not only to relive this dream in the pages of this blog, but I hope to take you along as well. So put on your hiking boots and enjoy the trip!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Day 8

Tuesday, April 11, 1989

It's amazing the amount of people that I have met so far. Everyone is so different from each other, but all of them with something in common; the AT. There's The Traveller and Maniac who both went two miles one way last night for pizza and beer. Then they hauled it all the way back to the shelter for everyone. There's the group who has been right behind us; Tom the Oatman, Jim, Ruth the Aussie, Laurie and Buzzard Bait. One crazy group! I passed Choo-Choo on the trail who was held up because of a blister. I met a 67 and 68-year old couple yesterday who were slowly going on. There was Karl who also had about 15 pounds of camera equipment with him. And so many more. I expect that I will see more, but as I get further on, I imagine there will be fewer thru-hikers.

__________________________________________________

Choo-Choo help up along-side of The Trail because of blisters

__________________________________________________


7th night on the AT at Addis Gap Shelter with ET, Max, The Singing Horseman and a few others

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home